Thursday 10 May 2012

Inspiring projects

Over the past few months I’ve read a lot of books, watched some films, researched stuff on the internet and had countless interesting conversations about deconsumerism. Along the way, I’ve been really lucky to stumble across some inspiring projects and meet some truly great people. These projects and people have really shaped the project for me, influencing the way I think about things and challenging me to think about things that weren’t even on my radar.

And so I decided that I wanted to talk to the people involved in more detail, and write about them to try and share something about why they’ve inspired me so much. I am a big believer that positive inspiration is the best motivator, so I think we should celebrate and encourage the people who do things well – who strive in challenging circumstances to do something different - something that they’re passionate about and believe in.

Over the coming months I’m hopefully going to talk to visit community farms, butchers, reuse and waste prevention projects, inspiring festivals and hopefully a whole bunch of awesome projects that I don’t even know about yet...

Anyone got any suggestions of projects or people I should meet?

No comments:

Post a Comment